The Congregational Church of New Fairfield (CCNF,) a contemporary and inclusive community of faith, is seeking a part-time Christian Education Director to lead our Christian Education (CE) and Youth Ministry programs. The CE Director will work with the minister and CE team to educate and engage the youth of our church and the community. CCNF is rich in tradition but our theology is progressive. Our motto is “No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.” Our goal is to support and grow our congregation by engaging families. The ideal candidate will work independently but collaboratively.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Select the curriculum for the church school program.
- Manage the church school program and coordinate the teachers and volunteers.
- Lead youth fellowship events and service projects; including, assisting with an annual mission trip.
- Engage and support parents and families.
- Look for opportunities to involve the community.
- Attend meetings with the minister, CE team and other ministry teams as needed.
- Handle administrative tasks; including, bookkeeping, attendance tracking, writing newsletters, publicizing events, etc.
The position averages 15 hours per week. The hours are flexible as long as the job responsibilities are met; and they include Sunday mornings, a few evenings, and some office hours.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organization and communication skills. They will be an effective team leader who collaborates well with a diverse group of ages and people. They will have experience working with children and youth and a knowledge of and belief in God. Please send your resume to the Congregational Church of New Fairfield, Attn: Christian Education Team, 20 Gillotti Road, New Fairfield, CT 06812. If you have questions regarding the position, please call the church office at 203-746-2865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .